Thread: TT Decision
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: TT Decision

I'm not too familiar with the SNG's on party (actually it's first time I read there are 2 tables there too. I thought Stars is the only place for these ones), but if it was on Stars I'm definitely folding. This is still pretty early (regarding the blinds), and it looks like you're at best in a coin flip situation against BB. I will even suspect he has AA or KK here, due to his "mini-raise". It looks like he's inviting you to re-raise all-in. And another point: you didn't isolate to begin with, because you weren't too sure about your hand, and wanted the option to fold, if someone behind you goes over the top. I think that if you are not going to fold to the big-stack re-raise from behind, I don't see the point in not going in immidiately after the small-stack.

Moreover, I'll suspect the original all-in raiser has some good hand too: I tend to read players who complain about getting bad cards as over-tight (that's my expirience: they want you to feel they are not so tight, it's just that they're getting 37o all the time), so I won't be surprised if the first all-in raiser has AK-AJ, or high pair. But I think I'm calling the first raise too, like you did (and not isolating).

In short: I'm sure you'll be a real headache for the remaining 7, even with your remaining T1700 (I've seen your small-stack play [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

Only my 2 chips, but at least that's how I'd play it,

PrayingMantis