View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Stars 15+1 Turbo vs. Party 10+1

I actually like the $15+1 turbos at PokerStars better. The players are a little tighter early on but they don't play on the bubble any better than in Party $10+1. I've only played 45 $15+1 turbos which isn't a big sample but so far my ROI is 40%. Plus I'll be getting my bonus when I get enough points. I definitely outplay the opposition on the bubble which is why I like PS turbos. On Party if you don't find a hand by the 100 or 200 blind round you've got maybe 600 chips and the other remaining players have at least 2000. It's hard to win the blinds with that small of a stack. At PS when crunch time comes you don't seem to be as far behind if you haven't won a pot yet. Probably because its 9 handed. The only time I alter my bubble play is when its 4 handed and there's a short stack that will be all-in on his next blind. Then I will usually only play a premium hand for everything against another big stack. In general though I am usually trying to win and will settle for 2nd or 3rd. If you get a good chip lead you can steal a lot of blinds because almost everyone is afraid to finish fourth. I've seen players that are 600 blind with only 500 remaining fold. And they're SB for 300 the next hand. In my opinion the key is to go all-in with any hand you're going to play on the bubble and put the decision on the other guy.