View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: startling difference in results between $30 and $50 on PP

[ QUOTE ]
From my experience the $50 nl games at Party are much tougher than the $30 games. About four months ago this did not seem to be the case but I am convinced it is so right now.

Congrats on the great results!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I don't have the hard numbers to back it up, but I was playing the $50 level for several months, and I had the same observation about it not being much harder than $30 a months ago.

Then again, I didn't start keeping detailed records until I hit a biggish multi win and started needing to keep track for tax reporting purposes. Maybe my memory is being "convenient" as to my results before and after being confronted with the hard numbers.

In any case, I don't expect my 70% ROI at $30 to hold up indefinitely (does that seem possible? Anecdotally it seems 50% is probably a more realistic number). But I certainly hope I can figure out how to play at the $50 level these days. I find it is much harder to get paid off, and probably the real killer for me, is that I end up calling a lot of "bluffs" which have me buried at the $50, whereas at the $30 level I catch people with their hand in the cookie jar quite regularly.

eastbay