View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Prince Charles visits New Orleans

Hi Ray thanks for your thoughts. I didn't say he's a bad person BTW, merely that he's a fool. I agree with you that he does good deeds re. his charity work.

His promotion of organic farming notwithstanding, his green credentials are dubious. In particular there was a story a few years ago when his Bentley (not exactly a fuel-efficient mode of transport) was driven from the UK to Austria and back.

He makes pronouncements on many issues (notably architecture) that would receive no coverage were he not the heir to the throne. On occasions he has interfered in political issues (another link). He is expert in no subjects, and has no political mandate.

He is a highly priviliged individual who wields political power through accident of birth, but I think political power should be in the hands of elected politicians only. I feel the UK's monarchy can continue to exist only if our monarchs, and future monarchs, refrain from political pronouncements of any kind, and that Charles has failed in this respect.