View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: My internet conncection keeps crashing (long)

welcome to cox HSI! I have a lot of problems with Pacific, rarely with party. my pacific problems may not be cox's fault. apparently cox's pattern is to make service calls to fend you off, while they know good and well that there infrastructure is not up to task in a particular area. mine actually has gotten better after months and months of angry complaining. I'm in a recently very rapidly developed part of the city, so the infrastructure issues here may not be the same for you. if you want to put some time into diagnosing your problems and getting advice I'd recommend dslreports.com . you can find a forum for cox. and you will be instructed to download Ping Plotter and post graphs of your connection. and, to top it all, various cox techs keep on top of the board and will (at least pretend to) make special efforts to help you outside the system. but yeah, I had a cable changed and a modem changed, on different visits I had to sit around for, and none of htat changed anything. I just think they finally built it up a little more while they were delaying me. again, I have no probs with party now, so I think cox is okay for me now, as loath as I am to admit it.