View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone else amazed by this Bonds story?

You know, thats a fair question.

I certainly think that some players are, but I also think its very difficult to tell for a couple of reasons.

The best examples I can give are in the NBA, simply because they have careers almost as long as baseball players, and because their physiques are so obvious given their lack of clothing.

Ever seen Barkley, Malone or Jordan when they were rookies, 5 year vets, and 10 year vets? Malone was a skinny dude, now he is a tank. Barkley, as big as he was got way bigger. And Jordan was nowhere near the musclebound player he ended up becoming.

My point is these guys, especially the dedicated ones at the top of their sport work out and train year round now. Couple that intense training with the natural addition of weight with age, and you see how they can get so ripped without the use of anabolic steroids or HGH.

Does that mean that Bonds, etc aren't on steroids? No. But if it came out that none of the players you mentioned were on steroids, I wouldn't be shocked at all. I am very surprised you would list Luis Gonzales. He is still a pretty skinny dude. People do have career years, you know. Ask Brady Anderson.

Anyways, to answer your question, of Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and Gonzales, I'd be surprised if more than 1 was on HGH, and I wouldn't be shocked if none were.