View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 03:13 PM

Default Doubtful turn play, 2 hands

1/2. Loose passive. 10-handed. Both hands are from the same table.

Hand 1:
I`m dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EP2.
EP1 limp, I raise, MP2 cold-call, button cold-call, SB call, BB call, EP1 call.
6 to the flop.

[8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 6 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, MP2 call, button raise, BB cold-call, EP1 cold call, I 3-bet, button call, BB call, EP1 call.
5 to the turn.

T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 12 BB.
Checked to me, I bet and they all call.
5 to the river.

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 16 BB.
BB bet, EP1 call, I fold, button raise, BB fold, EP1 call.

An easy fold. What I wonder about it, should I bet this turn? This seems to be one of those hands that I`m not sure if I`m ahead or not, and I do have outs. Checking is in order? I still have player left to act behind me.

Result: The button had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and split the pot with EP1 that had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
--------------------------------------------

Hand 2:
I`m dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.
EP1 limp, EP3 limp, MP2 limp, SB complete, I check.
5 to the flop.

[9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 2.5 BB.
SB check, I bet, MP2 call, SB call.
3 to the turn.

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 4 BB.
SB check, I bet and they both fold.

Betting out on the flop is the correct play right? What about the turn? If any of the others has Ax we split. If any of them have a 9 I`m likely to get raised. Is this a check-call situation?