View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: what play do you make here?

[ QUOTE ]
Personally (and, don't get me wrong, this is a tough hand to play, I think) I think you're better off playing but not pushing. Why? Well, if you push you're only getting called by a seriously strong hand and may very well be an underdog.

But...

ATs 4-handed is a strong hand -- very possibly the best hand right now -- and I think you'd like some action on it.

I would say raise to about 3xBB (which is 2x pot here). If BB comes over the top, I would let it go unless you have a read on him as a pretty serious blind defender. If he folds, you pick up the blinds and no harm done. If he calls, you can see the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like the 3x raise. I think it adequatly communicates to big stack that you are 'committed' to the hand. I too think he's folding or reraising most hands (either way the hand is over IMO).

My concern - and question really, is what do you do on the missed flop? I'm down to T1200ish, and there is T600 in the pot. Understand that If I hit TP I push. But if I miss, now what? I'm thinking a 'probe' bet of say 1/2, trying to retain some of your chips will be read as just that by big stack. And a pot bet almost committs you.

I need help here myself. I'm a fan of the raise, but get pretty trapped post flop. Is this one of those occasions where you push any flop? Do you stick with the probe bet and check/fold turn-river with a call? Is limping better after all, allowing you to only put more chips in when you hit the flop? What do you think?