View Single Post
Old 09-03-2002, 09:29 PM

Default I need help from the mathmeticians

I would appreciate any help from the mathematically gifted. I do not consider this a poker problem, however I think the formula needed to solve this can apply to poker.

I need help figuring out a formula to compensate my employees a commission based on money they earn for my company.

I work in the collection industry and my company works on a contigency. In other words if we collect money we earn a fee. If we do not collect the account we do not get paid a fee. If an account gets overworked, or doesnt get worked properly, we lose money.

I will give all of the pertinent information and if anyone would offer a formula I would feel much gratitude.

Here is some of the information, if I need more please post what information I have left out.

A collector makes $10 an hour and works a 37.5 hour week. The average collector works 150 hours a month.

My company charges a contigency of 35%. That means for every 100 collected the company makes $35. Roughly 20% of the fee we earn goes toward operating expenses such as other employees salaries, data entry, ect.

I need to figure out the minimum amount of money or a quota that a collector needs to collect before I can offer a commission. I thought of paying them 25% of the fee above that quota.

Thanks

Michael