View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: JK Rowling announces completion of new Harry Potter novel

[ QUOTE ]
I have no robes. But, a couple summers ago I went down to Barnes & Noble to buy Order of the Phoenix during the "Midnight Madness" party on the day of the release. I got a free pair of Harry Potter glasses (frames, no lenses) for showing up. I keep them on my bookshelf and am wearing them as I type this post.

:NERD:

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, I think you have a problem.

What's worse is that I own 2 Harry Potter DVD's and I don't even have any kids. I don't understand the whole Harry Potter thing. In the Chamber of Secrets of secrets the wizard sent the hat to save Potter. At first I thought the hat was an ingenious gift because it would allow Potter to navigate. The hat could tell Potter where to run and Potter wouldn't have to look the snake in the eyes (which would kill him). Instead, a sword magically appears in the hat and ......

Then there is the whole Dobby thing. The elf is a slave and is used and abused but as soon as it accidently gets a sock it starts kicking it's once abusive and very powerfull masters [explicative]. If the elf was so powerfull, why did it take all the abuse? WTF?

There is a huge lack of consistency in the Potter movies. It seems like whenever the story gets stuck something magical (and something we've never seen before) hops in at the last minute and saves the day. Yet for some reason I still have to watch them.... They are like crack. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]