View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: HoH Infection Points-Party SNG\'S

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont much bother with Q in a SNG as I dont think it is going to affect my decision making compared to other more important factors. I think Q is a much greater thing to keep ur eye on in MTTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was my point exactly. I play MTT's for fun( i still do pretty well) and SNGs for money. I was thinking that Q was worthless when stacks are equalish near the bubble. Now in MTTs I see how both are good numbers to know but how M is probably more important than Q. Incidently I have found these to books to have improved my MTT game more than my SNG game by far. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had two 1500+ cashes in the month after reading them...(a 10 and a 20 / 2nd and 3rd). The book(s) were great for my MTT game obviously. I never read the MTT forum here and had lots of gaps in my play, especially mid-end game (where there is really no parallel in a SNG).

As far as SNG poker, I try to ignore a lot of the info in the book, especially the hand examples. I feel that here, on this forum, there is no greater place for SNG knowledge if you read here for a year, as I have.

But overall, good books. I should also add in fairness, the heads up section is good and I feel my HU play has been a little better since...although, when playing 3-4 when ur HU w/ huge blinds, i dont really cry over any play I make.