View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 08:41 PM

Default Re: This is just too good to not comment...

I had my surgery in April of 2001. It was about a year before I started feeling well. I was good for about six months, then it started acting up again. Not terrible, but bad enough.

I've seen neuorologists, orthopedists, acupuncturists, chiropractors (or however they spell that damn word), psychaitrists (another tough spell), you name it. But it's livable. I work, I play cards, I travel. I think maybe after a while you get used to the pain/discomfort. Some days are better than others; sitting is the worst. I hired a guy fromthe rehab office I went to who has trained/exercise me 3 times a week ever since and I think that helps keep it under control. After a while you kind of get sick going to see doctors so you just accept this is the way it is and try to make the best of it. I've spoken to people who had surgery and were 100% better quickly and others who have had multiple surgeries with no relief. So I guess I should count my blessings. As should we all.

Except for your politics, you sound like a good guy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Happy Holidays!