View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 04:25 AM

Default Re: HAND OF THE DAY. Have fun with this one guys.

I knew someone would come out and advocate folding PF here.

Quite frankly, I couldn't disagree more; and bare in mind that I consider myself to be a fairly tight player.

In the SNG I was in, it wasn't the all-in fest that you usually see at Party. In fact, I had tabbed a few people at the table to be quite solid and tight-aggressive. They were all sitting behind me in this hand, and KQs was a VERY good spot to take a shot at the blinds (though stealing 15/30 blinds is nothing). It also gives me a table image with the rocks if I show down a KQs against a fool in this situation, which I would want.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I would hardly fault myself for playing the hand the way I did. When I get popped back, the raise is so small that I have to see if I can flop a flush draw, a queen, or even two pair. And really, I put my entire stack at stake as a 90% favorite. Doesn't really get much better.

Sorry to be so picky, but I really hate it when people try to critize a play like that when it actually set my self up in a perfect situation.

It was like the time a few months ago when someone said I shouldn't have slowplayed my set of sevens against a player who showed PF aggression and an uncoordinated board. Sure, I could have pushed all-in on the flop with my set, but there was no way to know that he would spike an K to make his own set on the turn.

Later
Ajizzle