View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 07:39 PM

Default UltimateBet.com no limit structure.

The UB games are lots of fun and they are very good. I think UB has hit upon a very good no limit structure with the "max buy-in" formula. I believe these games will continue to be good for a long time because of that structure. It prevents the game from degenerating into gigantic stack play, which is basically a hyper-conservative trapping game.

It forces you to get in there and gamble. And most importantly, it keeps the new players from being intimidated when they sit down and buy-in for the minimum. If nobody has more than $100 or so, a new player won't be intimidated and will be willing to take a shot and play a bit. The biggest stack I've ever seen was $214 (mine, I'm happy to say). I've seen some really bad players come in and build up $150 to $200 with their $25 buy in. This is good. They will come back and they won't get cleaned out as fast because of the max buy-in.

I seriously believe this structure could herald the return of no limit popularity.

It gives the bad players a cushion from losing too much too fast, it forces the good players to mix it up a bit, and it keeps the games lively and fun. This structure may be the future of no limit. I think it's that good.

natedogg