View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Queen high flush Comments on all streets appreciated

hello,

I'm the friend/hero here. Looking back at the hand, I perhaps should have made a pot size bet when it was checked to me post flop. However, with so many limpers to see the flop, I was concerned a weak hand may have flopped a str8 and was secure enough to slowplay a str8. It was also early on in the sng and a pot sized bet would have perhaps committed me to another bet. In these low limit sngs people often check but will come over the top once a late position bet has been made. Not a check-raise...a semi-bluff raise or just an irrational defensive raise. Since I had nothing but a 4 flush to the Q on the flop, with the board as it was, the number in to see the flop, and the general nature of a low buy-in sng, I figured a pot size bet would only push out the very worst of hands. Any player with overcards or any kind of draw at this limit is likely to stay to at least see the turn. My hope was to catch the flush on the turn and punish from there or possibly see the river cheaply if need be. If I make the flush I'm only worried about A or K suited in the hole, which is somewhat unlikely. I also go into a situation like that thinking if I get beat by an A or K high flush...so be it. A raise on the flop doesn't drive those hands out anyway. I want to hit the Q hi flush and get paid by the str8's, low flushes, 2 pairs, top pair etc.. If I miss the flush I can get away from the hand without too much damage. In hindsight, I was gonna lose money on that hand no matter what...let me know what you think...thanks all