Thread: Poker goals
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Poker goals

Zen and the art of poker is a nice fuzzy read, but probably not the best book out there with regards to handling beats, staying in control, etc... I recommend Vorhaus' book 'Killer Poker'. His online book is also good, but a bit pessimistic about online play in general.

I bought poker tracker but do not even use it anymore. It is excellent, don't get me wrong, but is most useful for ring game results. Besides, I like to sit around and do my own stats. I think it is time well spent to go over your results and do your own calculations. There is also the fact that I keep forgetting to get tournament histories sent to me.

My goals are to put in a good showing at the Canadian Championships this year and to post some good finishes in a few other live tourneys. I would also like to start playing live ring games. As far as sngs are concerned, I'd like to successfully make the jump from 10+1 to 30+3 before the end of the year. My long term goals are to get away from online poker and to play more big live tourneys. I don't think online poker can be profitable forever and it is not nearly as much fun as live play anyways.

Regards,
Brad S