View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: 2 big decisions, one fold, one call

While not as sure about which hands you're going to get shown in each case, I too believe you got these plays backwards.
General rule time:

If you flop three of a kind from the blinds, on a junky board, feel free to go broke when someone has you beat. This rule applies at almost all buyin levels.

I mean come on, there's only 1 other 6 in the deck, and there's like, a gillion hands that various opponents would play in the way villain did in hand 1. Only a few of them contain a 6. With slightly different circumstances, I'd probably just call the flop bet, and then get all in on most turns, trying to allow the 3rd player to put in chips, or even better, think his overpair is good sometimes when he has one, and triple up on the hand.

In hand 2, if you know the co to limp light, you can push preflop. But the call at the end is pretty terrible. I think the best you can usually find is a chop, since even your kicker got counterfeited if the guy happened to have a bad T. If you were going to call that bet on the end, with basically the worst card in the world to come, coming, you should have played the whole hand differently, IMO.

citanul