View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 04:54 PM

Default How do you deal with this?

Hi everyone, I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I jsut haven't ahd anything to say. I HAVE been reading in the forums, just haven't had anything intelligent enough to warrant a reply. Here's a situation I need help with. I'm used to making money playing poker, and to having cold streaks for a few days. I'm a long term + player, who recently, several weeks ago moved to SNGs full time. Being new to it, I insited on playing 100 at $5.50, 200 at $11 and well, I did fairly well with those. My ITM for those (the stats were very similar) was about 43% and the ROI 29%. I was having poorer success than usual with my rings games and finaly went to only SNGs. I began playing 22s and 33s...and I've been on the worst cold streak of my life. I've cashed in well under 10% of the SNGs I've played lately...decimated my bankroll...and...sadly, and this one hurts...I've asked for more hours at the coffeeshop. The part that I'm having trouble with, is I feel like I've been playing exceptionally well, in particular, the last 23 I've played (today and yesterday) I have had higher pockets get cracked by lower pockets, or even 2 unsuited cards. I've crapped out in 4th or 5th place in 19 of those 23. I've not cashed in 37 sngs. I know that my last 125 sngs is a small sample size, relatively, but...it is incredibly depressing and I'm truly at a loss for what to do about it. It's coming very near to destroying my confidence at poker, and I've always had success, this last 2 years I've been playing. I've had losing weeks, and months before, but not on this level. I've had big loss days, even on the whole for a week at a big loss, but never just choking to death as I am now.

Anyone have any auggestions? Anyone else ever feel like they are playing thier best poker, getting thier money in with the best of it and always, and I mean always, coming up short? I'd nearly lay 4-1 AGAINST myself with KK vs JJ at this point.

Someone, please, help quell the storm in my mind.