View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Level Increases: Bankroll vs. ROI

I JUST made a post about this two days ago...well let me copy/paste what I just said:

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things people don't seem to realize is, once they HIT the 30x buyin mark, that doesn't mean they SHOULD be playing at that level. The 30x buyin mark basically just means, if you already ARE a skilled player at that level, then your risk of going broke is VERY small with the 30x buyin. Right now, I play the 30s and have accumulated a bankroll up from playing enough 10s, 20s, and 30s, that I technically have the required "30x buyin" for the 215s to play there, but it just isn't smart. I simply wouldn't be a winning player at that level, because I'm not used to playing tougher competition and I'm simply not skilled enough to handle the comptetion. One thing you have to remember is, the bankroll requirements for both limit (300x bb) and sngs ONLY apply if you are a winning player. There is NO bankroll max a losing player can have to not risk going broke.

The best thing to do is to play at each level until you're very comfortable with the limit. Once you are comfortable with it, and have enough bankroll, test out your skills at the next level of buyin. Don't just jump into the next level. My advice is to try the next level once or twice, and then continue earning at the lower buyin. Maybe for every 5 games you play at your limit, try one at the next limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
(original thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;sb=5&o= )