View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 07:59 AM

Default weird lady at work.

I work in the proof department at Wells Fargo. There are about 20 people that do several different parts of the check processing procedure. We don't all work close together but we see each other enough to warrant pleasantries, I guess. Anyway, there's this woman who works in another part of the proof department that constantly goes out of her way to say hello. This isn't really weird in and of itself. She's about, I'd say, 45. Overweight, and wears what I am convinced is the same blue shirt every day. She has what can only be described as "ample" eyebrows, and her inch-thick glasses make her look like she's looking into your soul. She has short, black, curly hair that forms a sort of randomly lopsided afro that from far away looks like she's wearing some manner of wool beret. One day, I was sitting in the break room reading the newspaper before work and she walked by, stopped, turned around, approached me, and said: "you have a good night tonight young man," and left. She always calls me "young man." Then, I'm talking to my boss when I get into work, and she walks up to my boss, points at me and says: "I just love the way he smiles." She sort of giggled and turned away, but didn't leave before I returned her silent wave from about 6 feet away.

I tell you she weirds me right out. Sometimes I feel bad because I think I might just feel that way because of her appearance. It's probably a "you had to be there," but it's a hell of a lot more uncomfortable than it sounds.