View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 09:46 AM

Default Omaha odds example

First of all does anyone know where i can find a good source, or can they clearly explain a good way to figure out odds for Omaha hands. I can do Holdem odds easily but Omaha gets a little more complicated.

But more importantly (terrible english I know), there is a player at my club that refuses to believe that he can flop the nuts in omaha and be a dog to win heads up. He has offered me an even money bet that i can set up 2 hands however I want on the flop, and we will pay even money for the winner.

I chose a flop of JhTh2d with me holding KhQh9d8d and him holding JsJcTsTc. Now i know i have a huge edge over him here, but how big is it? I figure I have 4 As, 3 Ks, 3 Qs, 3 9s, 3 8s, and 4 7s for the straight plus 4 additional hearts (2h makes a full). I also have a backdoor flush draw.

So thats 24 outs twice plus a backdoor flush draw, which will prove to be largely irrelevant as most times i make it a straight will also be formed (only 5 extra runner runner outs I think).

His odds of filling are dramatically reduced by his double set, and the 9h or Ah are lockout or killer outs for me.

So what are the exact odds? He agreed to run the bet for $20 10 times, and more if he still likes it.