View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Fun with Monsters ... [under the bed]

[ QUOTE ]
I've run into this situation a few times. I think that potting it on the turn is the wrong play. You are giving only 2:1 odds to a set, so most reasonable players will not call. You will only get called by a hand that has you beat, the str8 flush. If you bet only half pot, then you will be giving 3:1 odds to a set, and might get called here incorrectly since the set needs at least 4:1 odds to be played correctly. Then you can check-call the river and win more vs. a poorly played set and lose less vs. a str8 flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. I think this is weak. 3:1 is good enough for most people with sets to call, figuring they can eek out the remaining neccessary odds with implied odds - Most people figure they can extract some money out of the flush-holder on a river-paired board.

As for all you check-callers... Do you do the same if you hold the nut full house when you start fearing quads? Just seems like i'm giving away free information when the guy missed, or plays bad, or is a totally idiot with Khigh flush, or somehow thinks i'm a maniac or something.

-Todd