View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Ever fold KK preflop?

Yeah, I know it *should* be. But do you ever factor in your "cold-streak" as well as the rest of the players and just say "it's probably not worth it?".

See, here's what sucks. I almost *knew* I wasn't gonna win. Don't ask me how, or why, something in my gut said "this ain't good". Now I don't normally get that. I usually just play the cards that are dealt and that's that. But given the texture of the game, the players etc..., and my cold-snap (this really factored in a lot), I layed it down. Here's the flop:
Flop: (17.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

So of course, I would've lost. The A almost guarantees it. So in this case, my laydown was fortuitous, it saved me money. Is following your gut a bad thing? Or is that just fear that comes from negative variance? At the beginning of my downswing 3 weeks ago, I would've called. But after having KK get busted so many times (as I said, it's turned -EV for me), it seemed that this is the right thing to do... Or not?