View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Bad day, questionable decisions, sorry this is long

Hi Praying Mantis,

This concerns hand #2 and needing to make a move.

[ QUOTE ]
Pitcher is last with 1161, holding TT, blinds are not too low. The agrgressor is a solid player, although w/T1365, not in a very good shape, might try to attack with a little wider range of hands than premium ones. It seems like Pitcher has to make a move soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

What bothers me about this call is the blind size. I still have 11x BB's left. Is this the time to challenge a solid player. I think this is a tough decision, but I am leaning toward tossing this in the future, especially given my read of the player. It seems that a solid player leading should be avoided.

As for where the Red Line is, I think I am right on it. With JJ, I believe I should move all in without question in this situation and here is why. I did not beleive the bettor had AA, KK, QQ or JJ because of the size of the pre-flop bet (a min raise). I think it would have been either 3x or all in with those hands. So I think this player is thinking that if the flop doesn't go right, I can get away from the hand. This screams AJ-AK (with AK being the least likely, probable all in with that) to me. So, if I have JJ, I have two of the cards this player might need to improve.

Pitcher