View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:51 AM

Default HU Situation w/ Midpair

I came across this hand in a live tournament and I wasn't quite sure whether I should make the call generally. Now I think people here will go "aye sure do it always", but note that this is live game - I absolutely want to win and I don't have 100k hu situations to get positive with these in live games, so here goes:

Tournament final heads up situation. My read on the villain, he's a rather tight, but tricky player. I knew he pushed me around earlier in the tournament with total crap when he knew I was capable of folding midpair etc marginal holdings.

Blinds 150/300

Stacks are about even (Me:4200, Him:4800)
I raise from SB to 500 chips K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He pushes it all-in. Now I'm fairly certain he has two low cards and about 90% certain I have the best hand with my KJo. Trusting these reads and "assuming" they're correct. Is it usually correct to make the call when being 60-40 favourite or is it better to let go and outplay this (obviously quite inexperienced HU player) on the later rounds ?

I did the call in this particular case and got whooped by the two low cards - it's only 60-40 anyway. Maybe after I play 100k tournaments, it'll go within those percentages but concentrating on one tournament alone, what do you think?