View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: 109- AK limp raise

Yeh Like I said I usually raise to 95-125 here but it was a fairly agressive table and I liked the possibility of a limp raise (yes I did have plans for the hand and I followed through with them and whille I make a living on being a total luckbox I sometimes consider poker strategy).

I especially like limp raising here because I'm getting shortish and it's a pretty good way to trap some chips if I can get the raiser to fold plus AA and KK are the only hands I'm worried about and since I have AK chances of the villan having AA or KK...blahblahblah read TPFAP. Also if its limped around and I miss the flop I can dump it and I'm not going to be in terrible shape. Finally I won't have to worry about playing AK OOP if my original raise gets flat called and I miss the flop.

I was just wondering what other people thought of this line. I guess after the limp the consensus seem to be poosh which is kind of what I expected. In fact since nobody's really suggested another line I'm thinking my play was pretty standard.

Everyone's saying raise which is also pretty expected for this hand but I gave my reasoning for the limp raise in this situation even though its a play I don't usually make.
That and with all my random OT posts I needed some sort of strategy related post.