View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 02:32 PM

Default Results & explanation

After the flop action, the turn brought a spectacular blank, 6s. Naturally, I pushed my last 550 or so into the 750 pot, and both opponents called again. Amsiegel had bravely called with Ah3d, but mgravelin had 5h7h, and a heart came on the river completing his flush.
My first reaction was extreme irritation, but then I thought....'hmm, yeah, mgravelin's calls were pretty loose, but they weren't *that* bad considering that amsiegel kept making the pot sweeter with his calling station ways....perhaps in situations like this I should consider overbetting the pot on the flop to discourage my 2nd opponent from calling with a flush draw in case the first guy calls, or at least to charge him more since he'd prolly call anyway..."
Yes, a bigger bet might make one of them fold a 2nd best hand that he'd otherwise have called wtih...but that doesn't seem all that likely to me.
On the other hand, if I overbet the pot, the first guy calls with a drawing-slim hand, and the 2nd guy calls with a flush draw, the bigger pot will likely make it correct/less of a mistake for him to call again on the turn...so I'm not sure.