View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 01:49 PM

Default JJ on a Q high flop

22$ 2-tables SNG, we're last 7. Blinds 75/150, I'm 5th w/2630.

UTG folds, and I raise to 450 with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], hoping to take the pot. Folded to CO (4423) who calls. He's very loose, limps a lot, and sometimes being aggressive when it's not really needed.

1st question: should I've bet bigger, or limp here? JJ is a trouble hand with loose callers.

Anyway, All others fold.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Usualy if A or K fall, I will check fold with JJ here, as my stack is not big enough to take chances. But Q isn't so bad. The problem is my stack is 2180, and pot is 1125. A pot bet is 50% my stack, so pushing is better, but I'm not sure it's the right move here. On the other hand, a smaller bet will be, just, hmmm, too small, and he might call with a wide range of hands that can improve on the turn, like straight draws. On the other-other hand, I don't like checking here either, and exposing myself to some bluff.

So what's your move?