View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: how do you let off steam

The Zen "crap" isn't crap. All they are saying is "hey, it's a game. you did what you were supposed to do, the rest of it is random cards coming out of a deck. poker happens." This is something so incredibly important for your own sanity and health that you should take it to heart.

Other: ways of calming down -> step away from he computer for a bit, go do something else for a while. For me, a nice lap around the apartment and a pint of ice water, drank slowly, does the trick whenever I'm feeling aggravated.

Consider it my personal way of "dealing with the aggravating thought as they arrive, instead of letting them pile up." I too think that that particular advice is incredibly important. Little things really don't tend to bother anyone until they let them fester, pile up, and become part of something large that they let get to them. If you deal with them one at a time, and learn to just not let each thing bother you, you never have to deal with them as a big pile which can drive you to drink, punch, etc.

citanul