View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 08:15 PM

Default minimum hand to call a random allin

i play in a crazy,crazy homegame. the max buy is $60, and 60$ for your first reload, and $100 for each buy after that. the cash in play can get up to 8500, but depending on the players typically ranges from 2000 to 4500 (from rebuys, no new players). the early period of the game can last not so long or long, and will involve at least a few blind all-ins. now, obviously one can wait until TT, AQ, etc, but this is a homegame with an endpoint, and the game stays very aggressive all through the night with larger stacks (making it lucrative to have a larger stack). in a perfect world, i could plop 500-1000$ on the table at 10PM and start rocking, but it's not so. obviously calling regular allins, though loose, comes down to estimating what hands you'd be up against and deciding based on that, but as i said earlier, there are at least several and can be a dozen blind all-ins. they will happen often early and if any of those players drops to a starting stack, they will blind all-in again (we have a rule that you can rebuy, adding to your stack for the next hand, if your chips are in the middle, similar to the bug on pokerstars, so these players will blind allin once and rebuy and probably not do it again afterward once they have 200). therefore, i'm wondering what the minimum +EV hand is to call a blind allin from ANY TWO CARDS, 7 or 8 handed. what if there's two blind allins?

thanks