Thread: Slowplaying AA
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Slowplaying AA

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely if ever slowplay AA and I'm not a fan of the limp-reraise.

What about calling a raise or reraise with AA if you are last to act? i.e., guaranteed heads-up with someone showing preflop aggression.

Seems to me like all the reasons to raise preflop are accomplished (build a pot, isolate) and you are facing an opponent who you are definitely beating and likely dominating.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

. .interesting concept. ..but in a way it is still a form of slow playing, no?

.your goal with AA is to get as many chips into the pot as possible as early as possible. In most instances the best time to get your opponents to put chips into the pot is before any of the common cards are seen. All they are playing are the two cards in their hand (and the actions of others), and it is more likely that they will call a raise or reraise preflop, before missing their hand 2/3 of the time on the flop, accomplishing our goal of getting chips in the pot.

I would never just flat call a reraise with AA preflop. It's just too good of a situation that's begging to get all of your chips in the middle preflop against an underpair.

I might flat call a big raise preflop if it is made by the right sort of opponent (one that is almost guaranteed to CB the flop).

Otherwise I'm trying to figure out the best sized bet to make preflop that will be called.