View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 09:12 PM

Default SnG newb has a bunch of questions for SnG sages.

I've played NLHE quite extensively (and relatively profitably) and recently began trying my hand at SnG tournies on Party. I've played about 20 10+1's and have barely stayed even. I was hoping that some charitable souls could answer some questions to speed my progress.

1) How profitable can SnG's be when played well? (At what entry fee are they simply not lucrative compared to simply playing ring games.)

2) At what level does the quality of play on Party substantially increase? (20, 30, 50? Where am I going to maximize my profit?)

3) What are the bankroll requirements relative to the entry fee? What's the variance like?

4) What are the major strategy points I should consider including starting and raising hands early and late in the tourny? (I first began applying my general NLHE strategy by limping a lot of drawing hands like low pocket pairs and suited connectors but realized I was generally just pissing away a lot of chips I would need later.)

5) Any general advice on timing aggression and passiveness? Often I feel like I sit on my chips too long or try to make a play too early. Maybe this is just a result of 20/20 hindsight.

6) Any suggested reading either online or in the printed poker literature?

I immensely appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
Goat