View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 04:01 AM

Default Strategy Dilemma....

With the recent "Poker Boom", I am finding tables filled with loose passive players. Sounds great, but for me it isnt.
Let me give you a little history. I have been playing poker for 10 years (cardrooms and private games). I have kept track of all vital statistics i.e. w/l, hours played,limits,etc. Since this poker boom my profits are down. Over the last 2 years my profits are down ~30%.
I have analyzed my records over and over again and have concluded that my major losses are coming in games with loose passive players. I define a loose passive player as a player who calls alot and does not bet their strong hands. I guess you could call them "Calling Stations".
I play in a private game (that used to be JUICY). However, new players have come and gone and the current 8 man set up contains 4 "calling stations". These guys see all 7 cards 70-80% of the time. Common logic dictates that they go broke, but they DO NOT.
A friend and I have a working thesis that the more of this type of player in a game, the less skill involved. It is basically now a card holding contest. Anyone care to expound? How about strategys? Anyone have any? Thanks in advance.