View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Pot Commitment (long)

So you are saying you don't want to raise because you don't want people in there drawing to their 3 or 5 out type hands?

If people want to get committed to a pot that I am more than likely to win, I have no problems letting them do that. I don't like your reasoning here at all and I'm not sure what it has to do with this particular hand. Are you saying you want QJo to fold against your KK? You want A9s to fold against your KK? I think you are a bit caught up with the "win pots" mentality rather than the "win money" mentality. If you raise and everyone gets "committed", you will win bigger pots. If you don't raise and people miss, you may win the pot, but it will be a lot smaller (and you will win most of the pots in this situation). Against the specific hands you see (AQ, TT, A9s, QJs, QJo), you will win almost 53% of the time. You want all these hands to call 3 bets preflop. I would be especially likely to pop it given that with that many people in the hand, a lot of the aces are probably busy, and its less likely for one of them to appear on the flop.

I think your concept speaks to scared play and I don't like it at all.