Thread: Humble Pie
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Humble Pie

Doc.

Been there and done that. I think we all have. Here is a copy of a little bit of my story, hope it helps.

[ QUOTE ]
For most of us, Poker will NEVER be anything but a hobby. A very lucrative hobby indeed but still, just a hobby. 99.9% of the people that play poker are break even or overall losing players (for our more literal posters...don't quote me on the %, it was just an illustration) who like to play for a chance to stick their hand 6" or so up the Golden Gooses *** and grab an egg or two. It took me 6 months and MANY (mostly small) deposits to make my first cash out of any site. Luckily, I have a good job and could afford to play by making a deposit or two a month. Well, I just consider that my tuition, sort of like starting a new hobby like golf. You have to buy the equipment and pay the green fees to really learn the game. Well, wonder upon wonders, I DID improve. I haven't made a deposit in a few months and have cashed out numerous times since then. Now Poker is more than a game that I love to play. It has become a source for a decent secondary income. I still love to play thank God. I think that if it became a job I would miss the fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have only been playing and studying for 3 months. It took me 6 before I stopped the deposits and started the cashouts. I went down to the microlimits more times than I like to think about. Just hang in there. Your enthusiasm for the game and willingness to invest in yourself will payoff. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]