View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Cheek or Chutzpah

John,

I have Mencken's Dictionary of Quotations, along with the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, a few regular dictionaries, including Webster's New Collegiate Dicitionary, The Shorter Oxford (the one I just purchased), The Oxford American Desk Thesauras and Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary.

Ray was right, I am a lot like John Cole.

But, I also have: The Oxford Dictionary of Humorous Quotations, The Oxford Companion to Philosophy, The Oxford History of the Classical World, The Oxford Companion to Classical Civilization, and The Oxford Classical Dictionary (another limited edition issue). Also, I have, The National Geographic Desk Reference, The New York Public Library Desk Reference, National Geographic's Atlas of the World, and to top it off an entire set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1958 edition. And, befitting a scientific minded individual, I also have The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. Something I will wager 10 to 1 most forum readers do not have except Bruce Z, The Flag Guy.

I almost forgot, I still have Halley's Bible Handbook which I received from catechism class in 1966.

It is always great to have a ready reference to look things up in.

[ QUOTE ]
These are the tools of a deeply ignorant human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Well Said. I have no doubt tried to bolster my image on both sides of the Potomac and will have to take emeny fire from two directions. So be it. Us pedantic misanthropes are use to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno