View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: More misinformation?

[ QUOTE ]
No need to clear out anything. So who do you work for in Bloomington that is so intent on chopping down the western forest? Or is it a mining interest just waiting to strip mine some public land? Drill for oil in Yosemite? Mine copper in Colorado National Forest? Or just make money grazing cattle?

[/ QUOTE ]

That location is old. I am currently in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and my location changes frequently, and will continue to do so for the next couple of years. Who I work for is irrelevant. But if you must ask, I am a computational biologist (Bioinformatician) currently doing research for an academic institution. That is all you need to know.

Look, I'm not saying let the loggers in. All I'm saying is if there is a fire hazard, and the environmental scientists that know the forests the best say the forest needs to be thinned out a little, then why not let the loggers in instead of making me, and you, pay for it via tax dollars? If the scientists, DNR, wilderness firefighers, or the park rangers say it doesn't need to be thinned, then don't let them in.

There is no consipracy, its a simple question. If there is a fire hazard, and the forest needs to be thinned, why not let the loggers in to do it for free instead of wasting taxpayer money.