Thread: Bridge tips?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Bridge tips?

bid aggressively

when you are declarer in a suit contract there is a 80% correct line - draw your opponents trumps - ie play trumps until your opponents have been exhausted of trumps - and then play on your longest side suit

when declaring a no-trump contract always count your tricks before you start playing (a good idea in a suit contract too but more applicable to no-trumps) - it is usually right to lose tricks early in an effort to establish the tricks you will need to make your contract so dont randomly cash your winners at the start - again it is usually right to play on your longest suit

a fast game is a good game - i'm a kick ass bridge player and i regularly look stupid playing the game - your not doing it right unless you look stupid from time to time

traditionally dummy makes the tea - i never play the dummy - i think watching is a terrible thing to do - it makes you stressed and your partner more so - i am usually smoking whilst partner plays the hand - in my favourite london club i would always buy the next round of pints which was a popular thing to do

stripsqueez - chickenhawk