View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Multi-Tabling SitNGo\'s

It's not as hard as you'd think. I play 4 party sngs at a time, and start them all at once. Once in a while you get rushed near the bubble, and sometimes you DO make a mistake (sometimes it's a big one) that you wouldn't have made if you were only playing one game--a misclick, a misjudgment, whatever. Also, it does happen once in a while that you don't cash in any of the four, but that's offset psychologically by the fact that you almost always break near-even or make money, even when you're running bad. Also, I find that it helps me concentrate on poker when I'm multitabling--when I'm only playing one game, I tend to be also watching tv or web browsing, and in an odd, ADD sort of way, my concentration is better when multitabling.

The truth is, at my (low) limits, there are pretty obvious answers to most situations and either I know what to do or I don't. If I don't, I jot down a little note and post the hand on 2+2 later. The routine nature of most of the plays isn't affected by multitabling. And, should you need to think, you still get the 20 seconds, just like you would were you only playing one game. I usually use the time to open the other tables, make the routine plays, and come back to the tough one, like I would I tough exam question.

I enjoy it a lot.