View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 01:00 PM

Default How should I have played this?

Played in a home game last night where about 3/4 of the players are weak players (loose-aggressive, tight-passive). Everyone starts with $10 and the blinds start at .25-.50. About an hour into the tournament I've only had one playable hand where I won with JJ and the other player folded to my bet on the turn. I'm sitting with a little less than the average stack (about $11). It's 7 handed and I'm dealt KQo in the BB. One MP player (loose-aggressive, has been bluffing a lot) calls and the SB (tight-aggressive, one of the best players at the game) calls as well. I decide (maybe my first mistake) to triple the blinds and they both call. The tight-aggressive player checks in the dark as the flop comes K52 rainbow. I decide to bet my top pair with 2/3 of the pot. MP calls and the tight-aggressive player quickly moves all-in. At this point the pot is about $20 and I have $6 left to call with. I have a tough time putting him on a top pair with higher kicker than me or two pair, but I know it's possible. After some deliberation I decide to call all-in with pot odds and thinking he may have put me on a bluff and might have K-10 or K-J. The MP also calls. I turn over my top pair, MP shows pocket 10's (?), and tight-aggressive player shows pocket 5's...a set. I felt it was just tough luck and another one of those kind of nights but is there anything I could've done differently here to change my fate?