View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: players drawing out

I'd bet every player considers themselves to be good and T/A. I don't know if you're playing online or in B&M's, the cards are the same but game is different.

You probably consider small-mid PP's to be good multi-way hands and usually won't coldcall with them unless there's a few players in. Or might try to isolate a loose raiser and 3 bet them to play h/u.

Online PP's are gold and played that way. They're routinely coldcalled with, no matter who the player or how many callers. This sounds like a good thing for you. Online it's not. I just raised UTG w/AK and got coldcalled by 1 player. Flop K23. Turn 5 and river 6. I lose to 44. You and I ask "What more can I do here playing AK? How can he coldcall pre-flop, then call that flop in a 10-20 game?" They all do and win h/u much, much more than the odds say they should. Why? Who knows.

Pokertracker is a good way to take a detailed look at your hand selection online. It also shows how you fair against other players. Here's an interesting thing. I'm beating tight players but losing to almost every maniac I face. Every guy I've played who calls 1 out of every 2 or 3 hands is beating me. How? Simple. He calls my UTG AQ raise with his J8s and wins. He makes it 3 BETS COLD with 9To and wins. Yet I'm losing long term online with JJ and JTs. KK is a small winner, KQo a big winner but KQs a loser. Go figure.

Just remember what Bobby Baldwin said about suck outs. He said it's the good player who'll be sucked out on much more often. Because the good player usually plays with the odds and is ahead much more often than the bad player, who's behind more often to catch up.