View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: How do I overcome the bad and lucky players?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice. One question...how do I know that I am beat when I hold AJ, my oponent hold J7 and the flop is J74? This is just an example, and I am sure that I am blowing it out of proportion, but I want to get better. Maybe I am just remembering the bad hands and forgetting all the good hands I play. Unfortunately, my bad hands occur on my last hand of the tourney [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]...LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens. Just last week I had pocket Aces UTG, raised, everyone folded to the button, who called, and the BB called.

Flop was A-4-9, rainbow.

BB checked -- I bet -- button called -- BB folded.

Turn: 10

I bet, button called.

River: 5

I bet, button raised, I was about to 3-bet when I had the vision of 23 -- a HORRIBLE vision but a vision nevertheless. I was about to fold but then I questioned my vision and it cost me another $20, as the button had 2-3

sooted!

Instead of getting angry, I said good hand, mucked my Aces face-down, and went on to see the button give back the stack he won off with me, along with the other $400 in front of him that he had just sat down with a half hour before, in about another hour.

Bad beats happen. To everyone. Constantly.

It's part of the game.

And taking them is, as Staind teaches us, the price you pay to play that game.

Or you can learn to listen to the visions better.

Or, as my boy Bruce calls it, The Song.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com