Thread: KK Question
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: KK Question

If you have the initial 50xBB buy in, then there are very few times that you should fold your KK preflop in my experience. In a heads up situation, I have NEVER folded and have no doubt it is +EV. The only time I have folded is when an EP raised 4xBB from EP, I reraised to 12xBB in MP, CO reraised to 25xBB, and EP followed back with a push. I didn't have a read on EP at the time, but CO was a legitimate player that most likely had AA. Had EP not pushed on top, I'd still most likely call, but it would be very debateable.

Regarding deeper stacks, there is some point where you should be able to lose your KK. I'd still be willing to push with a 75xBB stack, but not much more. Around 100xBB, you really have to look at the player you're against. By the 4th reraise, he's either an idiot and overplaying his QQ, or most likely has AA. The problem is you may get pot committed before you realize this. 100xBB is probabaly around that point. Anything more than that, and you should be able to get out with KK before losing everything.