MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t770)
CO (t950)
Button (t735)
Hero (t850)
BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t755)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to t30</font>, CO calls t30, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t20, BB calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15.

Flop: (t210) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>

<font color="green">I've been experimenting with different plays here, and decide to see how a check-raise would work here. As the SB with a ragged flop, my hope is that a preflop bettor will put me on a Small Blind special, and decide his pair if tens might not be good. And if he calls I've got outs. </font>

Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets t125</font>,

<font color="green">Well here's a problem. Any meaningful raise would put me in for a big chunk of my stack. Shut it down now? </font>

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to t740 (All-In)</font>,

<font color="green">Well, that certainly changes things. Can't check-raise an all-in. This screams, "I've got the best hand right now, but I don't think it's going to stay that way, so please fold." So naturally...</font>

CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t820 (All-In)</font>.

<font color="green">
No real excuse for this, except a brain-fart, and the sense that if I won this hand I would be in very good shape to win the whole thing. (I know this isn't a gimme, but at this level I play well with a lead. When I double-up early, I tend to win.)

After the fact, I tried to figure out the odds. With t1075 in the pot, my ~2:1 on the flush draw was nowhere near enough to justify a call, though a call from the BB would get me there. Of course if either one of them is playing A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I'm screwed.

Obviously this is not a hand I am proud of, but wonder if it was as bad as I think.</font>