View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Successful SnG players:Are you usually short stacked when in the $?

[ QUOTE ]
also, you're only raising 2.5BB? do you find that as effective as 3BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tried and true, I know Raymer uses this strategy too. Sometimes you will be at a table with people where 2x the BB is sufficient and I might stab at a few of those with 8-10, 67, and ugly hands like that. Very often people just dont want to get involved and you will steal the blinds, otherwise they may call and you out flop them, worst case scenario the y reraise and you fold. Note the reraise when there are 3 or 4 people left is very rare as people are just soooo scared of going out in 3rd or worse yet 4th...... DO NOT play that way, if you lose you lose, but make sure to make the best play to get you first, 1st place is the holy grail in online SNGs and is worth SOOOO much more than 2nd or 3rd.

To give you an idea of my SNG style of play, The best advice I ever read for online SNGs was a year or 2 ago by Russ G of RGP (of all people [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) He said the best way to play them was to hit post and fold for the first 2 rounds. Of course this is a bit extreme as anyone is better off just playing AA and KK or AKs and going all in pf, but the main idea is to be VERY selective at those stages. Other people have since echoed that statement, Im pretty sure Lee Jones mentioned that in Card Player, and Roy Cooke may have too a few months ago, but I am not positive.