View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Need advice on these hands

[ QUOTE ]
I feel my play is getting better

[/ QUOTE ]

Yowser, I'd hate to see how you played before.

JKo with 9 left = fold. If you are going to play it at least raise when you hit.

ATs with 9 left = limp. This is a clear cut drawing hand looking for nut straight, nut flush, strong two pair.
"I checked/called because I thought he might have AK or AQ." If you thought that you shouldn't have played this hand in the first place unless you think you can outplay him postflop when an ace hits (doubtful) or a blank board hits (maybe).

KTo = ok. Can't ask for much more than this. If someone bets flop you probably have to dump. I probably check call turn and fold river to a strong bet, or bet it for value on river if checked to. No one showed any type of strength here so you being in the lead is a good probability.

AKo in sb is tricky. You raise to 100 to try and get rid of the fluff hands but no one folds. I don't think I'd raise to 100 here. But when you do raise to 100 you must have a plan of attack for when the flop misses you and for when it hits you because you're out of position the entire hand. With this much strength shown PF I think you need to play this hand as if it were AA, not 72o like you did. I probably push all in on flop and hope no one calls. But if it were me in the hand I would have bet less preflop and probably let it go because I didn't have many chips invested anyway.