View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Need advice on these hands

Hand One: Limping is probably not a good idea here unless you are very comfortable playing after the flop. Against an aggressive player, you can get yourself in a whole lot of trouble. I think you've got to be far more aggressive on the flop, 'cause this is about as good as it gets for you. What would it have taken for you to bet? A straight? Two pair? Raise the pot or more. In the end, you probably folded a winner.

Hand Two: I'm okay with limping, but I don't much like the raise here. Unless you land the flush, you are once again opening yourself up for serious trouble. If you limp, you can then fold to the re-raise. Post-flop:

[ QUOTE ]
I checked/called because I thought he might have AK or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a reason to check-fold. Once he checks, you are probably in good shape to bet, but AJ would beat you.

Hand Three:
You will get called by a weak ace many times.

Hand Four:
I wouldn't raise so much PF. You need to raise enough to get out the trash, and you can do so with a lot less. I hate just calling with unimproved overcards. You might catch one, but more often it will just bleed you dry. Look at the flop and then either take a stab at the pot or shut it down.

Now I'll got see what Jason had to say, and learn the right answers for myself.