View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Dids\'s WSOP \'05 Get Less Fat Incentive Plan.

[ QUOTE ]
Posting this, if only because knowing that other people are aware of it will make it harder to mess up

I'm fat, I need to be less so. I have a plan to make that happen.

Thoughts, advice, abuse?

[/ QUOTE ]
You might be interested in trying a cyclical ketogenic diet (see www.c-k-d.com especially the forums for more information on the diet). A CKD is a modified low-carb diet where you periodically do a carb-load, sometimes referred to as a refeed, in order to refill your muscles with glycogen and avoid the muscle wasting that typically occurs on a strict low-carb diet. This was designed for use by bodybuilders and works great, with the added benefit of allowing you once a week to indulge in the carbs you've been denying yourself all week. I've been on it for almost 6 months now and have gone from 188 to 174 lbs, dropped from a 34+" to a 32" waist, and from 23%bodyfat to just under 16%. Love handles? Gone. It is not for everyone, but then again no diet is. Once you drop the weight and bodyfat some of the non-hardcore bodybuilders I know on the diet use their refeed day as a "free" day and eat whatever they like. Some add another refeed day during the week or do two days on, five days off. Just something to consider.
</$.02>