View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Another SNG Theory Question

Sherrif,

Thanks for the response. It is interesting that you and I came up with about the same number for category 2.

I would think case 5 would have a higher ITM than 10% but not really sure.

3 and 4 sound crazy I know but I have played exactly one B&M satellite one tabler and it was a bit like this format. Editorially, it was only a few weeks ago and I felt like I had a sign I had really made it as a decent poker player. I picked up AQo in the SB and pushed all in for 7x BB. BB called with 88 and the cards came QQxx8. I didn't bat an eye or even flinch, I just said gg and walked away. This was right on the heels of getting knocked out of a $200 multi without winning a hand. I felt like I had good emotional control.

5,000 is probably a better choice than 10,000. The reason I picked a big number is I am not sure may players would adjust to deeper money and also because I am a bit frustrated with shallow money formats, which take much of the post flop play out of tourneys. I love multis with slow blind increases for that reason.

Eastbay,

You phrased the question perfectly. I figured if anyone could answer it would be you or Bozeman.