View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Re: QTs with QKK board against a LAG

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what your idea of the meaning pretty cards. Does this mean Ax, Kx, Qx, does it mean any 2 random, does it mean any 2 face? Sorry I can't read your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the original post, I said BB likes to cap with what he thinks are pretty cards. This was just a slightly less boring way of saying he caps with any two cards that please him, with no reasoning behind it. I thought that could easily be inferred.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I'd raise on the turn, if I felt like I was in front, I would rather get money in on the turn, this would also help show me if they 3 bet me to put them on a hand, and if not, to make more money if they call a bet on the river where I have them beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the explanation.

[ QUOTE ]
I would not be surpised if UTG if passive had like K and a low kicker and was afriad of losing to a better kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen may Party low-limit players, even passive ones, not raise their trips, not matter what kicker? I can only remember once.

I am not pissed. It just seemed your second reply was argumentative. I apologize if it wasn't meant to be.

I am frustrated many times by the responses to questions on this board. So many answers are just a quick "bet the river" with no reasoning behind them.

A simple answer of "raise the turn" does not help much here. So the next time I am this same situation with these same type of players I will remember "raise the turn"? You see the problem? This isn't a game where trying to memorize 44,000 different plays will work. Principles are needed.

I just don't understand why somebody wouldn't post at least a short sentence saying why they would take a certain action. Unless they are trying to make the poster figure it out for himself why (and, really, only the really respected posters on this board can get away with that) or they don't really know, but they've seen it posted here before, so they repeat it (I fear this happens a lot). Or they just want to look smart. Because I just don't see how one can think a simple "raise the turn" can be considered helpful. I would think at least a little explanation would be standard.

Don't get me wrong. I love this forum. It is invaluable. I just don't like this aspect of it.